At Glenburnie our primary objective is to effectively prepare our students with the wisdom and the 21st Century tools to meet the challenges in an increasingly competitive and changing world.
Glenburnie provides an exceptional and enriched foundation of academic concepts and skills which meet and in many cases exceed the Ontario Ministry of Education’s Guidelines.
Glenburnie welcomes students who function from the average, to gifted levels and whose behaviours are not disruptive to the learning of others. Students are expected to achieve at their personal best levels.
Innovative, child-centred, individualized instruction to suit student learning styles – auditory, visual and tactile is a priority. Teachers incorporate leading neuroscience research to continually enhance their classroom presentations and the learning environment. All classrooms have full spectrum lighting and EMF (electromagnetic field) protection in place for an enhanced working environment.
- Glenburnie is recognized for its high end ‘Arts’ Programs – Visual Arts, Drama and Theatre Arts, Orff, Choirs and Instrumental Music instruction.
- Glenburnie’s Physical Education classes extend to include Intramural and Varsity Sports competitions throughout the school year.
- Glenburnie has been a leader in teaching Economic Education starting at the Kinder level.
- Glenburnie provides a strong emphasis on character education and core values through its own Emotional Intelligence Program “Thinking & Learning with Awareness”.
- Glenburnie’s nurturing, supportive environment encourages risk-taking in thinking, with students understanding that by pushing back their knowledge boundaries, new concepts and skills develop more quickly.
- Glenburnie is known for its strong sense of community and school spirit. Parents are welcomed as partners in their child’s education. Glenburnie prides itself on its open doors and ongoing communication to families.
Best of all, is that students find learning at Glenburnie both challenging and fun at the same time. Students are expected to be partners in their education. Their successes are recognized and celebrated, leading to increased self-esteem and confidence in themselves and in their personal ‘gifts’ and talents.
Did You Know?
The Canadian Business Journal is an online publication that featured Glenburnie School in their July 2012 issue.
The Oakville Beaver featured Glenburnie School in their Profiles in Success feature that was published in August, 2012.