We welcome students who are average or above average in ability, who have the potential to meet more consistent and/or higher achievement levels.
Students must be within the average range of acceptable behaviours, and have a willingness to meet teachers half-way in the educative process.
The typical admission procedures:
1. Parents are invited to schedule a tour of the school and its facilities.
2. For parents who wish additional information on curriculum or routines, or who have specific areas they would like to discuss regarding their child’s placement at Glenburnie, an appointment will be booked. Present and past student report cards are requested for review.
3. For those parents who wish to proceed with registration for a placement for Preschool to Grade 8, a date for a classroom visit and student evaluation will be scheduled. Visiting students will join classes at their present grade level and will be expected to take part in all classroom activities, where appropriate. For Preschool students, a half-day classroom visit will coincide with an individual screening.
4. Prior to the classroom visit, the following must be submitted:
- copies of present and past year’s report cards, if not already on file
- a photocopy of the student’s Birth Certificate
- completed Admission Application and Health History forms
- The ‘Confidential Report Form’ must be received from the student’s present school.
5. When the school has received the above items, a classroom visit and follow-up interview at the end of the day will be scheduled.
6. Upon acceptance of the student, a recent family photograph will be required in order to complete the application process.
7. For further clarification, please contact the School Administration Office.
A completed application for admission to Glenburnie School must include the following forms:
You may obtain these forms from the School Administration Office. Alternatively, you can view / print / download these forms directly from this website, by clicking on the highlighted Admission Application form name above, which contains the entire forms package.